Wednesday, May 21, 2008

London, Day 7

I can't believe it's our last day in London. The trip has gone by too quickly, but I feel we've made the most of it and have been busy every day. I'm looking forward to seeing the girls again. Today we went to Windsor Castle. It's about a 30 minute trip by tube and train. You can't take pictures inside the castle or the chapel, but we took plenty of pictures of the grounds.
Windsor Castle from the train








St. George's Chapel





Just as we arrived they were getting ready for the changing of the guard. It took about 45 minutes from start to finish.

Each guard was inspected from top to bottom.

After the inspection, we suddenly heard music playing. A band came in leading the new guard.


The new guard is in the front and the old in the back.

The old guard followed the band out into the town.


We'll head to the airport tomorrow morning. We have one layover in Raleigh and then should be back in Austin by Thursday evening.

2 comments:

Judyn said...

That was one of my favorite places! But what I really wanted to know was what the gold shoe count for the day was!
Im glad you had such a good time. I would like to go in the next couple of years with Todd.

Judyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.