Sunday, May 25, 2008

Attacked!!

Apparently I have done something to offend a resident of the neighborhood.

Freddie and I took the girls out for a bike ride this morning. Everything was going great, the girls were having fun, and then it happened--a blitz attack from my left.

Freddie watched as a squirrel ran from someone's yard down a hill, jumped over a water barrier, and jetted into the street straight at me. The squirrel came up from the left and ran underneath my bike before scooting off to the right so he could shake his little squirrel fist at me.

I don't know what it was that set him off--maybe the noise from the tires on my bike?--but Freddie said that it was obvious the squirrel was coming after me and not just running into the road.

And what did my husband do? Laughed, laughed, and laughed some more. Maybe because of the high pitched scream that came from me when I looked down to see a squirrel chasing me?

Nonetheless, we are still planning on continuing our bike rides. Hopefully the squirrel doesn't have buddies.

1 comment:

Judyn said...

How funny! I miss squirrels, but I have never seen one chase anyone before!