Last Saturday we took the girls to the grand opening of the new fire station in our neighborhood. It was a lot of fun, and Maddy got to do some neat stuff. We also ran into one of our neighbors there. The kids explored a fire truck, and we were able to tour the inside of the station.
Outside of the fire station
Maddy kept her distance from the mascot. She wanted to get close but not too close. Emmy wanted absolutely nothing to do with him.
I forget what this part was called, but basically they had two fire hoses attached and the kids and neighbors helped hold it while two fire companies took them apart.
Here Maddy, Emmy, and Freddie helped push the fire engine into the station.
Maddy on a fire truck--gotta love that cheesy smile.
Maddy and a friend inside a fire truck.
That evening we went to one a crawfish boil that a friend of Freddie hosted. Maddy and Emmy chowed down on the crawfish, and Maddy played with kids and some of the live crawfish before they were cooked. I ate one so I could say I tried it, but I doubt I'll have any again. At least ones that I have to pull apart and view whatever the green mushy stuff was. Green guts are not approved on the South Beach Diet. :)
It looks like the fire station was a lot of fun. My daughter loved it when they brought the firetruck to her school (and then hosed them down with water!)
1 comment:
It looks like the fire station was a lot of fun. My daughter loved it when they brought the firetruck to her school (and then hosed them down with water!)
Post a Comment