Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Busted!

Maddy, walking by a trash bag in kitchen: "Mama, what's that bunny in the trash?"
I say nothing, just slink down in my chair and hope she'll get distracted by something.
Maddy: "Mama, is that a CHOCOLATE bunny in the trash?"
I still say nothing and put my head on the table, trying not to laugh.
Maddy: "Mama, is that MY chocolate bunny in the trash!?"
Complete silence.
"Mama, I want my chocolate bunny out of the trash NOW!"

I was so busted. I threw away the last of the chocolate bunnies from Easter because she had forgotten about it and I was tired of it taking up counter space. We don't need anymore candy in the house anyway. Of course, not ten minutes later she walks by and sees it there. It's now back up on the counter.

Next time, I'll just take it to the trash outside.

No comments: