Saturday, May 26, 2007

Brave Heart

You know, I really envy Madalynn sometimes. When I was a little kid, I was scared of everything. I thought vampires and werewolves really existed, and I would run down the hallway in my house because I though Freddie Krueger was going to leap out and get me. I was not what you would call adventurous. I did do some things that would maybe classify me as a tomboy (I did, after all, have a favorite climbing tree in the front yard), but a cautious one. Maddy is so brave and curious. A lot of that has to do with the fact that she's 3, but still, the girl has no fear sometimes.

Anyway, today we went to a friend's birthday party (Hi Mathias!) and she had so much fun. They had a petting zoo and a pony to ride. She rode the pony at least 3 times and antagonized--I mean, petted the animals over and over again. When she tired of that, she and a little boy played chase. Even when she fell on the concrete, she just got right up and started running again. She wanted to climb in the horse trailer when they were getting ready to leave. She's just so eager to find out what's going on and so curious about everything in the world.

Here are the pictures from the party. I didn't manage to get a picture of Maddy on the rock in the front yard. She and a little boy were taking turns jumping off the top of it. She finally sat down and announced, "I'm Cleopatra and this is my boat." (She picked it up from Scooby Doo.)






No comments: