Maddy learned a life lesson today. We bought some fish yesterday evening, and she was sooo excited to see them this morning. I was checking email when I heard her say, "Mom! He's eating the little fish!"
Sure enough, one of the larger fish had a small fish in his mouth and was swimming around the tank. I didn't know what to say at first because I didn't know what was going through Maddy's head. Then she said, "Mom, he's mean. We shouldn't have gotten him."
Since I could see that there wasn't going to be any crying, I just explained that it happens sometimes and we'd have to make sure they were fed. I also told her that if he kept eating the little fish we'd take him back (14 day return policy) because we only want community fish in the tank, not aggressive ones.
Then she said, "Yeah, and we can get a bigger fish to eat him."
Glad to know my 4 year old is developing an understanding of survival of the fittest.



No comments:
Post a Comment