Thursday, June 12, 2008

Busy Days

Madalynn had her first t-ball practice yesterday. She hit the ball 4 out of 5 times, and she knows how to run the bases in order. We need to practice throwing and catching, but for her first practice I thought she did great!

Today we went to her first dance class. She was so excited! It's a ballet and tap combo class. There are only 4 other little girls in the class, which the instructor said is typical for the summer. She was so cute! I'll have to post a picture later. I was very impressed with how well she listened to the instructor.

We'll go to swimming lessons tomorrow morning. Madalynn practiced putting her face under water several times this week, and she's getting pretty good at doing it without the goggles. She hasn't really wanted to practice kicking yet though. I've tried to get her to practice "princess" kicks, but she likes "bicycle" kicks better, which is great if she ever has to tread water but not if she wants to actually move across the pool. I think what she's most proud of is that she doesn't pee in the pool, though. She always makes a point to tell me that she's waited to go to the bathroom.

Emmy has enjoyed watching Maddy with these new experiences. She hung out in her stroller yesterday during t-ball practice, and today she got to play in the lobby area of the dance studio. She does like to watch Maddy dance. There's a small window that looks into the studio, and Emmy kept wanting me to lift her up so she could watch the girls inside.

That's what's going on these days, and probably what the rest of the summer will be like. I'm really enjoying just hanging out at home more and watching the girls play and have fun.

No comments: