Saturday morning was Maddy's first game. Scores aren't kept at this age. It's pretty simple--each team gets two times at bat so everyone on the team can bat twice, and no kid is assigned a position. Instead they rotate around.
It was HOT. I commented about a nice breeze on the walk from the parking lot to the field. Well, the breeze stopped once we got our chairs set up. There isn't any shade, and the clouds stayed away for the entire hour we were there.
Maddy did a good job hitting. She hit the ball both times and remembered to run to first base. There was one time she got upset because she tried to catch a ball but another player beat her to it. The next time a ball came her way, that player's mom stood behind him so Maddy could go get it.
She's slowly getting used to how the game is played. She's always been a kid who hangs back and watches what everyone else is doing before she decides whether or not she wants to do it too. After a couple more practices and games, I think she'll be more interested in playing.
Funny of the week--I told Maddy on Thursday that Grandma and Papa were going to come to the game on Saturday to watch her play. She said, "Tell them to bring 3 chairs because I'm going to sit and watch with them. I'm not going to play."



No comments:
Post a Comment