I have a theory.
When a child is around 4 years old, aliens sneak into their homes and implant devices in their ears that interferes with their hearing. The device has 2 modes: mute and static.
When the implant is in the mute mode, children can sit a foot away from you and not hear you yelling until you're red in the face for them to pick up their shoes or come downstairs for dinner. When it's in the static mode, the child will repeatedly ask, "Whadja say? Whadja say?" until you begin thinking you speak an entirely differently language and somehow woke up in the wrong country that morning.
I'm not positive when the device is removed, but I'm sure it's in there until at least 18 years of age, maybe longer. I'm currently trying to find a way to counteract the device's use, but so far no luck. I'll update if I find a solution.



3 comments:
I am surprised you did not have anything to say about your loving husbands hearing abilities.
-Freddie
See, that's a completely different ranting and venty post all by itself. :) I think that's caused partly by being tone-deaf to the pitch of my voice and **cough** old age **cough**.
Too funny. I have not discovered the age at which it ends either.
Post a Comment