This actually isn't that big of a problem, but I'm just so frustrated with having headaches that it's a big deal to me.
Two days ago, I called the neurologist's assistant to let her know that the samples the doctor had given me didn't work. After talking with the doctor, the assistant said that since the muscle relaxers my family doctor had given me did work on my headaches, the doctor didn't want to prescribe anything else unless the headaches get worse. That's great and all, but I can only take the muscle relaxers at night because they knock me out. I don't like taking them either because even though they get rid of the headache, they take a long time to wear off the following day. It's not too much fun trying to take care of two kids when you feel doped up and woozy from the night before.
Now keep in mind I went to sleep with a headache last night and woke up with one this morning. A friend of Freddie's recommended an endocrinologist she sees, and since the neurologist said she believes the main cause of these migraines is hormonal I decided to see about getting an appointment. I called the endo's office, but I had to call another number to see if they accepted our insurance. Did that, they do, so I called back. Now I'm told that I have to have a referral to see the endo. OK, fine.
I call my family doc to get a referral. She's on maternity leave until October. If I want a referral, I have to either wait until she comes back or I have to make an appointment with a new family practitioner. Ok, but what if the new doctor won't give me a referral? Nothing they can do about that.
I hung up and started crying. I'm so frustrated with this whole mess. I just don't want to have headaches anymore, or at least only as often the average person.
Now I'm waiting on the neurologist's assistant to call me back. This is my fourth headache of the week. I want either a prescription to help me or I want a referral to see the endo, and hopefully my neuro will help.
OK, whining's over. I'm off to put a puzzle together with Maddy while Emmy perfects her scooting abilities.



No comments:
Post a Comment