
Emmaline is doing well and has actually started smiling! Not the gassy smiles or the smiles babies have when they drift off to sleep, but real smiles when she's looking at you. I know she's just imitating us, but it's still so adorable!
She's also doing better at lifting her head. I've been trying to give her tummy time, but she hates it and won't move her head at all. We'll keep working on it though. She loves to look over our shoulders. She'll lift her head and look at whatever's behind us for as long as she can. Then she just kind of melts onto our shoulders and snuggles up to our necks. I'm going to get the Boppy out this afternoon and see how she does on her tummy with that.

She's drinking 3-4 oz at a time, and she's usually sleeping for 4 hour stretches at night. There have been a couple of times she's slept for 5 hours, but that's not the norm yet.
We've had to redo our swaddling technique. The swaddling blankets we had been using have pockets in them where you lay the baby before wrapping them up. We loved using them with Maddy, but Emmy's not too fond of them anymore. She likes to stretch her legs out, and the pockets get in the way. Last night we wrapped her in a regular receiving blanket and she did ok, but it's easier for her to get her arms out of regular blankets. Once she gets her arms out, she wakes right up because her hands immediately go to her mouth. We'll be checking out some different blankets the next time we go to Babies R Us.

Maddy's still absolutely in love with Emmy. She's a fantastic big sister. She had a Valentines party at her mother's day out this week. It was a fun day but kind of sad because her teacher is leaving. Here's a picture of Maddy with Ms. Laurinda. Next week Ms. Lacey will be in charge of the class.

She's having a lot of fun right now helping me plan her birthday party. She says she wants a Batman party with a Batman cake. I'm hoping that this changes when we actually go to pick out decorations, but if not then Batman will be celebrating with us. She's funny how she switches from being such a girly-girl to a tomboy. But I remember being into comic books and superheroes when I was younger too. And I married a Star Wars/sci fi nut, I mean fan, so maybe it's in her genes, you know?




No comments:
Post a Comment