Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yesterday I turned 32, and I'm proud of it. I've made it 32 years without any major health crisis. I'm married to a great guy and have 2 beautiful daughters. I'm surrounded by friends and family who care about me. I'd say I'm pretty fortunate.

When I was a teenager, I always wanted to be 30. To me 30 was this magical age and once you reached it then you had your life together. Of course, when I turned 30 I didn't all of a sudden have all the answers to life. But at least at 30 I was smart enough to realize that I didn't know everything.

Thinking back, there are times that I get frustrated, embarrassed, and sad at things I said or did. There's nothing I can do to change those moments. I can just try not to repeat the same mistakes, something that at times is easier said than done.

Ok, enough of that. I'm starting to sound like Oprah. On to the good stuff...

I got some really cool things for my birthday. Freddie and the girls gave me a digital picture frame. I can download pictures, video, and music onto it, and it's really easy to use. I have it on the bar in the kitchen. Freddie's parents gave me a 9 piece wine opening kit in a nice wooden case. I have been wanting something like this for a while. And Bryan and Emily gave me a bottle of wine. It's a pinot noir from Oregon. I've been reading good things about wines from Oregon and Washington so I'm excited to try this one.

And we will have another birthday girl in the house this Friday. Maddy turns 3, can you believe it? She settled on a Scooby-Doo themed birthday party. I'm actually going to make the cake and the cupcakes for her party. Nothing too fancy, it will all be from a box, but she'll be excited to help me bake and decorate. We'll plan on doing that on Friday with Nana. She and Pop (my parents) are coming in on Thursday. It will be the first time they've seen Emmy, and they're really excited about coming down.

No comments: