Monday, February 5, 2007

The Garage, aka The Neverending Mess

After I picked Maddy up from Mother's Day Out today, I decided to try to go through some stuff in the garage. I took the girls to the garage, got Maddy interested in some toys, put Emmy in her blue chair, and I started looking at the boxes to see what I could go through first.

And that's about as far as I got. I realized that the stuff that's out there is either stuff that we don't want or it's Freddie's stuff. I'm not about to touch his stuff, especially when I'm coming off being accused for months of throwing away a National Geographic magazine that miraculously turned up in a box I unpacked a few weekends ago. (I told him I didn't throw it away!! His love of National Geographic is only surpassed by his worshipping Star Wars. Throwing one of those magazines away could end in divorce.)

Anyway, the bottom line is I need his help to go through the rest of the stuff that's in the garage. That's a bummer because I'm really looking forward to having a nice, clean, well-organized garage instead of a storage shed attached to our house, but I'm only going to be able to go through things on the weekends when he's here.

The plus side is that the one box I did go through had the wipe warmer--Yay!! I also found the cord for the second baby monitor so I can have a monitor downstairs as well, and I found a diaper bag I can donate to the baby shower we're having in our MOMS Club for a group home in Georgetown. And Maddy got some playtime outside, which is always good!

No comments: