After t-ball practice last night, Freddie and I took the girls and met a neighbor at Waterloo Ice House to eat dinner. Freddie had met us at practice so we were in two cars. The parking lot was packed. I'm at the back of the lot where there are some spaces, but most of the people who had parked here were over the lines. I was looking for a spot that the suburban could fit in.
I saw a spot on the right, but it was at such an angle and between two cars that I would have to pull way to the left and then make a sharp right to fit in. So I pull to the left and I'm about to turn right when a...guy drives by me on the right talking on his cell phone. If I hadn't been watching I would have driven right into his driver side door.
I beeped the horn as the man drove away, but I was still ticked when I got out of the car. Freddie walks up to help me get the girls out and comments about how fast the guy was going. I said something about the guy being a moron, but I spelled it out so Maddy wouldn't understand.
Of course, Maddy wants to know what I'm saying. I said, "It's just the guy's name, honey."
"What's his name, Mom?"
"Moe. Moe Ron," I said.
"Moe Ron?" she asked. "Do you know him?"
"I do now. He's making sure everyone knows him."



1 comment:
I love it. I wouldn't have thought of that quick save so quickly!
Post a Comment