I went to the doctor for a physical earlier in the week. They said that they would mail test results from blood work unless there was a problem. If there were any problems they would call. I was expecting a call and received it Wednesday morning.
It wasn't so bad. Everything is fine--iron, sodium, thyroid, etc--except for my cholesterol. My triglycerides are twice as high as they should be, and my LDL is a little high but not too bad. My doctor wants me to continue exercising 4 to 5 times a week, add Omega 3 fish oil to my diet, and start a low fat, low cholesterol diet. South Beach, anyone? :) I'm also supposed to lose 17-20 pounds, and she wants me to come back in six months. All of which is reasonable, I just hate dieting.
Anyway, Maddy knew I had gone to the doctor and she heard the message that I needed to call the doctor's office. She wanted to know what was going on, and I told her that the doctor said I need to eat healthier and make sure I get lots of exercise. Her response, "I can help you Mom! I love to exercise!" Sweet.



No comments:
Post a Comment