I was talking (actually emailing) with a friend about how busy this summer seems to be. I remember last summer to be very different. We had just joined the YMCA, and there were several days we would work out and then go hang out by the pool. We also did some MOMS Club activities, but I remember finding time to just be at home or go visit Freddie's parents.
This summer, we've added dance and swimming to the schedule, plus we have t-ball practice on Wednesdays and games on Saturdays. This is in addition to doing things with MOMS Club and with friends from the neighborhood. I'd like to have more days to just be at home with the girls so that they don't get so tired and I can stay on top of housework.
We haven't decided about t-ball or soccer for the fall yet. Maddy's just not into t-ball yet so we're not planning on signing her up again for the fall. We'll wait to sign her up in a year or maybe wait until the following fall and sign her up with the local youth league.
She's asked to play soccer. I have several reasons to hesitate on doing this. First, she hated the soccer part of the sports class we took last fall. Second, I think the only reason she says she wants to do it is because she has friends who are playing soccer. Third, I know my daughter. Once she realizes that all the kids are going to run after the ball and possibly run over her, she's going to be finished with soccer.
I'm really leaning toward not doing any kind of sport this fall. She'll have Mother's Day Out on Mondays and Wednesdays, and dance on Thursdays. After watching how much she enjoys dance, I'm considering putting her in gymnastics at the YMCA (since they're kind of similar), but I'm not sure about that yet. I really don't want to have her too involved in activities at such a young age. I still think that at 4 years old the most important activity she should do is play outside with her friends.



No comments:
Post a Comment