Just wanted to send out well wishes to everyone. I'll post pics from New Year's Eve later on, especially so everyone can see the oh-so-cute cupcakes Emily made. We also have some pics of Maddy and her cousins playing together as well as a smiling baby Briana.
My friend Joy's memorial service is today. I'm driving down with some friends and meeting Freddie there. I think we're all still stunned by the violence of the act, but each day gets a little better. I'm trying to look at things from the perspective of what God wants me to learn from this event and from knowing Joy. I believe one of those things is to allow myself to be angry but then also to know when to release that anger. Anger is an emotion that's very easy to hold on to, but it's not a productive emotion to have. It keeps you still and doesn't let you move on and grow. So one thing I do want to take away from this is to learn the ability to recognize when it's time to let go of anger.
Miss Emmy has 2 new front teeth and 3 new molars. Poor girl, the past few weeks have not been fun for her. Maddy is home this week and starts Mother's Day Out again next Monday. She's been having a blast playing with her new toys. It's going to be strange not having her in the house next Monday.
Like I said, I'll post pictures and maybe some resolutions a little later. I hope everyone has had a peaceful and restful holiday season, and I wish you all good luck in the New Year!
Joy's Obituary



1 comment:
I think you're amazing, Marie. Looking at what God meant for you to learn from this tragedy--such a healthy way to look at something so awful. I hope the memorial service was okay for you.
The boys and I had a great time on New Year's Eve. Thank you! Connor has been bragging about his Wii experience ever since!
I posted a great pic of Miss Chunky Doolittle on my myspace page. Can't wait to see her celebrate her big 0-1!!!
Post a Comment