Friday, October 15, 2010

Sweetberry Farm

A couple of weeks ago we went to Sweetberry Farm in Marble Falls. Freddie's cousins Stacie and Matt, Matt's family, and Freddie's brother Bryan and his family went with us. We hadn't been in a few years, and things had changed a little, but it was still a lot of fun for the kids.

My sister-in-law Emily and I tried to get some pictures of some of the kids together. I hoped she had better luck than I did. My experience with taking pictures of more than one child at a time is that it's the equivalent to herding cats. Everyone has something else they're interested in, and you're lucky if you get more than one child looking at the same camera at the same time.



There's a lot being said in this picture. First, you can tell it was a pretty windy day by all the hair in Maddy's face. Second, you may notice that Brecken is chewing on a finger (again). The boy is still working on getting in his molars. One popped through this week along with a canine so we're up to a grand total of ten teeth at eleven months. Finally, you may notice that Emmy doesn't really like to have her picture taken. If I want her to be facing the camera, I usually have to take the picture before she realizes what I'm doing. In this case, she decided she really didn't want to pose and refused to even acknowledge I was standing 2 feet away telling her to look at me.

Maddy and Emmy painting pumpkins. Too bad we forgot about them and left them there. Whoops!
Freddie, Emmy and Matt on the hayride
Stacie, Brecken, Cherise, Kiley, and Maddy checking out the animals on the hayride
My niece, Briana--I just love this little girl. :)
Finding our way through the corn maze--ok, yes, I know it's really not corn, but I can pretend. It just gives it that whole "Children of the Corn" vibe/

Farmer Emmy

Farmer Brecken

Farmer Maddy

My little pumpkin on the pumpkins (in his Aerosmith t-shirt--gotta start 'em when they're young)
Maddy and Emmy posing with the scarecrow we made
We headed out at closing time feeling wiped out by the long day. The kids had a lot of fun, and I'm thinking about taking them back in the spring when there are strawberries to pick. Now we just need to figure out what to do with that scarecrow.

No comments: