Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Month of August

Yes, yes, I know it's been almost an entire month since I've posted. Things have been very chaotic in the Jimenez household lately.

A couple of neighbors have been helping us redo the playroom and all three bedrooms for the kids. I say helping, but truthfully it's been mostly them doing everything. They've bought furniture, bedspreads, decorations, paint--I feel like I've been on one of those home redecorating shows on HGTV. Most of the big stuff is finished. All that's left now is a few more little pieces of furniture here and there, a little paint for touch ups, and then we're done. I'll post before and after pictures when everything's complete.

We also took a quick weekend trip to Corpus Christi. The girls got to play on the beach one day and hang out by the pool the next. We also took them to the Texas State Aquarium on our way out of town--they loved it and had so much fun! Again, I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

We had a doctor appointment a few weeks ago and I have another one this Friday. So far everything's going well except it's soooo hot! I can't stay outside for very long.

Maddy and I have been school shopping a lot lately. She has some cute outfits (mostly dresses, of course--I can rarely talk her into wearing shorts these days) and all her supplies. She starts Kindergarten on Monday. Her teacher seems really nice, and I absolutely love the school. It brings back a lot of memories from when I was teaching, and I'll admit I'm a little jealous of the teachers who get to work in such a fabulous school.

Emmy started Mother's Day Out at the beginning of August. The transition has been a little rocky. When Maddy started a MDO program, she was used to being around a lot of other kids her age and she didn't have an older sibling to play with so the change was great for her. Emmy on the other hand hasn't been in playgroups like Maddy was. Emmy was also used to always having Maddy around so she's been very unsure about being at MDO with little kids she doesn't know and not having her big sister there. After this past week though I can see she's doing a lot better and warming up to her teacher.

The first week of September the girls will start their fall activities. Emmy is going to start dance (ballet and tap) at the studio we've switched Maddy to, and Maddy will try dance again and continue gymnastics. We're going to keep working around the house to get everything organized and put back where things belong. And hopefully I'll get back into a regular routine of updating the blog once things slow down. :)

No comments: