Monday, January 5, 2009

Maddy's Recovery

The doctor and nurses warned us that Maddy would be very sleepy and probably in a lot of pain from her surgery. They said should wouldn't have a lot of energy and would be irritable. One nurse said she probably wouldn't be very hungry for a few days.

The doctor and nurses don't know my daughter.

Maddy is in no pain whatsoever. She stayed up until 10:30 Friday night and was up by 7:30 the next morning. She hasn't taken any naps, has a boundless amount of energy (I think she's draining mine), and is in a great mood. She's also eaten nonstop.

I felt a little silly keeping her home from Mother's Day Out today because she feels so great, but I'm worried about her head getting hit, which we need to avoid for the next couple of days. So no school today, no gymnastics tomorrow, no ballet later in the week. I may send her to school on Wednesday, but I haven't made up my mind yet.


Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know the patient is doing fantastic and feels like nothing even happened to her.

No comments: