Freddie met with the surgeon today. After examining Freddie's leg and looking at the MRI the surgeon feels that surgery may not be necessary after all. He said that Freddie has a partial tear of the ACL on his left leg, not a complete tear. He wants Freddie to undergo 2-3 weeks of physical therapy and then reassess how his leg feels. If Freddie's still having difficulty at that point, then the surgeon will then go in with an arthroscope to assess the damage. If it's great enough at that point, then he will have to have surgery. Freddie also has to stop wearing his leg brace so his leg can start strengthening again.
But soccer is still a big no-no. :)



1 comment:
I guess that means he also got out of having to hang the Christmas lights on the house this year, huh?
In all seriousness, I have not checked your blog since your Thanksgiving post. I had no idea this had happened and I am so sorry that it did. I shattered my left arm several years ago and had to undergo 4 surgeries (2 of them were only day surgeries). It was horrible pain, so I really feel for him. I hope it continues to feel better.
Also, your baby will be in my prayers for her sugery as well. My Kaytlynn was born sick and babies and surgery just don't mix well. Lots of hugs for her and mommy!
Post a Comment