Tuesday, December 30, 2008

East Texas Visit

A couple of days after Christmas, Freddie and I loaded the girls and all our gear in the 'burb and headed to Carthage for the weekend. The girls were thrilled about the 5 hour car ride, can't you tell?

We had a good visit with my mom on Saturday. On Sunday we took my mom to lunch in Nacogdoches and met up with my sister. Freddie and I wanted to see how the SFA campus had changed so we spent a couple of hours walking and driving around. I was amazed at how different everything was. Several dorms had been torn down, new campus apartments and parking garages have been added, and several buildings have a new look to them. We're thinking about going back up to visit the campus in the spring when students are around and more things on campus will be open.

We also took some time to go to a wooden playscape that's close to campus. Freddie and I helped build it as part of a community service project when we were in college. Needless to say, the girls did not want to leave the park.


We also saw a friend of mine from school while we were in town. It was good to see her and to have a chance to catch up on the local gossip. :)

1 comment:

Doing our part to keep Austin Weird! said...

Wow, I didn't know we spent a few days after Christmas so close together. We were in Henderson, YEE-HAW!