Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Festivities

Now that the busy week is over, I finally have time to put up some pictures. Last weekend we painted pumpkins. Maddy and her friend Joseph painted one, and I did the other three. Here are Emmy and Maddy posing with the pumpkins.

This is the pumpkin Joseph and Madalynn painted. They took more of a non-objective abstract approach to their work. :)

I love this picture because of the look on Maddy's face. She looks like she's plotting something to do to Emmy.
Wednesday morning Maddy's Mothers Day Out had a party. The kids played carnival games, ate pizza, sang, and danced before heading home. Maddy wore her Daphne (from Scooby Doo) costume to school, but by the time I got there to take pictures she had ditched the wig. This costume became an issue later in the week. More about this down below.


I dressed Emmy as a Jedi (from Maddy's dress up box) so she wouldn't feel left out.
Here's Maddy taking a turn at the fishing game.

Madalynn also had her face painted. Work it!
Here are Maddy and her friend Kaitlyn (the bee) in music class.
Emmy gave her buddy Gavin a ride in the wagon.

Later that same day we went to Freddie's work party. The girls rode a kiddie train, watched a magic show, and ate as much sweet stuff as they could. Maddy painted a mini pumpkin while she was there. Freddie also won first prize for his work team in the pumpkin carving contest. Yay Fred!
Madalynn and her friend Isabell rode the train together.


Emmy and Freddie also went for a ride.
On Thursday Madalynn dressed up in a costume to go to her dance class. She pulled out a fairy ballerina dress from her dress up box to wear. She fit right in with the other dancers.

Our MOMS Club had a trunk or treat party Friday morning. The kids went from car to car getting candy and played some games after that. Maddy had fun playing the games, but Emmy preferred to sit by me and eat her treats. Here are some of the kids who showed up for the party.

Emmy as Little Red Riding Hood, Maddy as Supergirl, and Liam as Optimus Prime. Emmy and her friend Logan
Madalynn with the cupcake she won on the cake walk.

And finally the night of Halloween arrived. The girls' cousins Connor and Logan came over to trick or treat with us. Maddy and the boys did a great job going from house to house and remembering to say thank you. Emmy went to most of the houses, but there were a couple that were a little creepy for her so she chose to stand back and watch. When we finished we went back home to help Freddie pass out candy with the neighbors. We didn't have as many kids come by as last year, but we still had quite a few. My only disappointment is that I completely forgot to get a picture of the girls in their costumes. I got a couple of Maddy being silly later in the night, but I didn't get one of them together. I'm going to have to get the dressed up again so I can have it to put in their memory boxes.



Now about Maddy's costume--As I said before she decided she wanted to be Daphne from Scooby Doo. We got the costume, a small stuffed Scooby for her to take around, and the Scooby Doo action figures and Mystery Machine just for fun. When she wore the costume to her school party on Wednesday she got really frustrated with the wig and took it off. When it came time to get dressed for the party on Friday morning she got really upset about having to wear the costume. I finally just let her put on her Supergirl costume from last year and we went to Toys R Us to look for orange hair spray so she wouldn't have to wear the wig.

Well, TRU didn't have any hairspray but they did have their costumes marked down 50%. At the last minute we decided to switch from Daphne to a pink angel and all was right in the world. Now the Daphne costume is in the dress up box, and Madalynn was a beautiful pink angel.


Maddy being silly.
Madalynn and her friend Joseph eating pizza and relaxing after a busy night.

No comments: