Friday, October 31, 2008

Are you a Twerd? (With a nod to Heidi for the phrase)

Are you a Twilight Nerd? You know, the teen series that's all the rage to read among mommies right now? :) It's all about a teenage girl who goes to live with her dad, meets a dreamy vamp and his family, and they fall in love. Of course adventure and peril are around every corner--they are vampires after all. I got into the series after my friend Danielle hooked me up with the books. They are actually very entertaining once you get past all the teen angst stuff. Anyway, the movie comes out in a few weeks. I'm planning on hooking up with some family and friends to hit the theater when it does. Alamo Drafthouse, anyone?

If you are a fan, you should also check out the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris. This is the series HBO has based their TV show True Blood on. The books are different from the TV show, but I recommend watching and reading both. Right now I'm going crazy trying to find the second book in this series. Everyone is sold out. Luckily the books can pretty much stand as separate stories so I don't have to stop reading while I'm searching for the second book.

2 comments:

Judyn said...

Yes! I am. I wouldn't say fanatic, but I did like them a lot. I remember that you liked reading Rice back in college, and because of that, I thought of you when I read the first book in the Twilight series...The author came to speak at our high school. She seemed pretty awed that it was such a huge success.

I don't know if I will go see the new movie though. Im scared Ill be let down. And Edward is much sexier in my imagination than on film lol!!!

M said...

I have to agree about Edward. The guy they picked for the movie (seriously, Cedric Diggory from Harry Potter?) is not at all who I would have picked for the movie. I'm still planning on seeing the movie, but I'm going in with the attitude that it will not at all be as good as the books so I won't be disappointed. Setting the bar low, so to speak. :)