My first mistake was thinking that the pans I was using were non-stick--they weren't. Not only did I have to piece both of the layers back together, they were so crumbly that it messed up the icing. It was supposed to be a yellowish buttercream icing and instead it had crumbs mixed all in it. Then I tried to write Happy Birthday Maddy on the top. The icing from the icing pens I was using was really gooey and the letters ran together. Then I wanted to add some sprinkles to the top but the sprinkles wouldn't stick to the icing. You've heard of the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree? Well, we had the Charlie Brown Birthday Cake.

To the party--Maddy got a lot of neat things, including a bike and a Little Tikes basketball goal. We also got a visit from "Uncle" Dan who we hadn't seen in several months. Here's Dan holding Emmy. This was the first time he had seen her.




Lisa, Matt, and Emmy

Papa and Maddy in the bounce house

Who's having more fun?
Freddie and I are pretty pleased with how the parties ended up. They were a lot of fun, and it was great to see the kids and adults enjoying themselves.So here are a few pics of Maddy enjoying some of her birthday presents, and one of Emmy just because I finally got a really good shot of her face.










No comments:
Post a Comment