Friday, January 5, 2007

No Baby Yet

Still no Emmaline. We went to see Dr. Sherman last Wednesday, and he said everything's still fine, she just doesn't want to come out yet. We set an induction date of January 11, but he seems to think she'll probably come some time this weekend. Hopefully so.

I was a little nervous about the induction at first, but I keep thinking about the ultrasounds we've had that have shown Emmy measuring a week ahead each time and how they showed the estimated due date to be right around January 1 the whole time. So I agree with the doctor that we have good dates based on everything we've seen. By my induction date I'll be 41 weeks and 3 days.

We're also still debating Emmaline's middle name. We like Clare, but we don't absolutely love it. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post a comment and let us know.

Most of the crib bedding has been finished, and Freddie's bringing it home today. A lady named Jo Lynn Swenson made it, and I'm so excited to see it! Jo Lynn is the wife of one of Freddie's coworkers, and she's been making baby bedding and other items for a long time. I'll post pictures when I get a chance. I can't wait to see how the bedding looks with the paint we picked out.

On a different topic, (and you may think this is a silly thing to be proud of, but allow me my Mommy moment) Maddy is pretty much potty-training herself. We've been talking to her about it for months, reading books, watching videos, doing all the tricks and things you're supposed to do. She was kind of interested but not really so we backed off and figured she'd do it when she was ready. Well, for the past 4-5 days she's been telling us every single time she needs to go potty. I don't know where the initiative came from, but we're running with it. It's like all of a sudden a switch has flipped and she's ready. Could this mean the end of pull-ups soon?

We'll keep you posted on Emmy's debut. Hopefully we'll be able to show her off soon.

No comments: