Friday, December 8, 2006

6 Days and Counting

Six more days until we are officially new homeowners on Turkey Path Bend. Six more days of complaining about the apartment, six more days of tripping over everything because there is nowhere to put anything, and six more days of listening to the curious sounds the neighbors upstairs make. I can handle six days.

Here are some of the latest pics of the house. Not everything is complete in these photos, but it will give you an idea of how things are looking.


This is a partial view of the kitchen. You can see where the refrigerator will go.




This is a view of the front door from the kitchen. To the left is the dining room and on the right is the study.




This is how it looks when you walk in the front door. You can see part of the window in the living room and the bar at the kitchen. You can also see Maddy practicing her Saturday Night Fever moves. Born dancer, that kid.




Here's a view looking out the study windows. I'm so excited to have this room. Freddie will finally have a place to put all his Star Wars junk..., I mean, collectibles, and if I don't want to see it I can just shut the door.




Miss Madalynn looking out the window in Emmaline's room--check out the gorgeous sunset!



Here's Maddy "twapped" in the shower in the master bath. I wish she would be this cooperative when taking a real shower!




This is a view from the front of the house. They were still doing a little work on the roof in this picture, but they've since cleared all the boards out.


As you can see, things are really close to being completed. Our final walk-through is Monday, and if all goes well we will be closing on Thursday. Let's just keep hoping that Baby Emmy doesn't decide to make an appearance before then!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous Marie. You'll have to keep me posted on baby Emmy's arrival. And send me your new addy so I can send a baby gift.

Carrie Rose said...

Wow! What a great place!!! You will have to forgive me, It is so hard to think about the fact that we are both parents and homeowners now. I still feel like the little girl who used to be Georgia Payne and you played Nancy! LOL. I'm so happy for you and your family! Take care and good luck with the home and the new addition!

Unknown said...

It is just wonderful-- thanks for sharing with me. I am so happy for you guys, beautiful!! Can't wait to see it.
Yvette