Thursday, December 10, 2009

Difficult Journey

It began one night when some friends took me out to dinner to celebrate the baby boy on the way. I was talking to one of the ladies there and she was telling me a little about another neighbor. This is a neighbor who I know by name and sight, but I don't really know her personally. We have mutual friends in the neighborhood, and she occasionally goes to our neighborhood Bunko games. Since I also only occasionally go to Bunko I hardly ever see her.

Anyway, my friend was telling me a little (without getting too personal or sharing too much info) about how this neighbor is dealing with infertility. My friend told me about the neighbor's blog and how it is so well written and honest. I was intrigued. When I returned home I requested to be the neighbor's friend on FB so I could read about her journey.


I began reading a few weeks ago and I'm hooked. It is one of the most honest, most straightforward, and wittiest blogs I have ever read. Some things she shares are just little snapshots of her life. Other times she lets it all out--all her hardcore emotions are there on the page for you to read. Lately she's been writing about the new progress they're making toward becoming parents and I read each update eagerly.

I am so tongue-tied trying to come up with the words to express how much her honesty has impressed me and how brave she is to share her thoughts and feelings with everyone, with anyone who happens to come across her page. I decided I would like to share it with all of you because I know some of you have dealt with infertility yourselves and others have close friends and family members who have as well. I'll link her blog to mine, but here is the address in case you read it, are as impressed as I am, and want to bookmark it to come back to later.

Laughing Barefoot

No comments: