Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Briana's Party

We celebrated Briana's first birthday on Sunday. Uncle Bryan and Aunt Emily did a fantastic job hosting it, and Briana was in a great mood all day long. She got a few toys and pretty much a new wardrobe from all the clothes!

Maddy and Mom before the party

Briana's first birthday cake and her smash cake

Aunt Emily getting everything ready

Hanging out with some of the family

Emmy was so excited when she saw her dress! I think I'm going to have two girly-girls on my hands. And I was worried about having someone to play Barbies with!

Uncle Bryan helped Briana into her chair

The birthday girl was so excited to see everyone!

Singing Happy Birthday

What a face!

At the end of the party, we took the girls to play in the pool for a little while with their cousins Connor and Logan. Maddy showed Logan what she had learned in swimming lessons this summer, and I was really impressed that she did it without me prompting her. Emmy has no fear of the water, and her favorite thing is to jump in the pool. It was a great day, and we all enjoyed getting together with the family.

No comments: