It's either a bunch of nothing or a bunch of something, depending on how you look at things. There isn't really anything exciting going on right now. We're just looking ahead to a typical week. Of course, our typical weeks are pretty busy so that's where the something comes in.
Maddy's got Mother's Day Out this week. The class will have their Valentine party on Wednesday so we'll have fun getting ready for that. Thursday we're hosting the Valentine party for our moms club. We're going to visit a local nursing home on Tuesday to take goodies to the residents. We'll also have our neighborhood playgroup on Friday. I think it's our turn to host that as well. Then I also have dinner out this week with some friends, Freddie has a poker game, and we're trying to plan a dinner at the Melting Pot for Saturday.
I was gone for most of last week. My Aunt Romie passed away so I took the girls and went up to East Texas for the funeral. She was 86 and the last of my father's siblings. There were four kids altogether--Ruth, Romie, Roy, and my dad Ray. Roy was my dad's twin. He was MIA in WWII.
It was good to see my mom, and Maddy had fun playing with her Nana. My mom is doing alright. She has good days and bad days, but she's beginning to get used to doing things on her own. My sister checks on her often, and she has a great network of support through neighbors and friends.
We're also going to spend some time getting a few things ready for Maddy's birthday party in a few weeks. I can't believe she's going to be four years old. I look at the pictures we took of her as a baby, and I can remember the event in the picture but I have a really difficult time remembering her being so small. She'll be starting school before I know it. Where does the time go?



1 comment:
I'm so sorry I didn't know that Romie had passed away. You should have called me.
Post a Comment