Sunday, February 24, 2008

Crazy Week

I know it's been a while since I've posted (Thanks for the nudge, Judy :) ). We did make it to Melting Pot last week and it was as great as ever. Then Freddie left on a business trip on Tuesday. That's when the week kind of fell apart.

He was supposed to be gone overnight, Tuesday morning through Wednesday. Tuesday evening he called to tell me he wasn't going to be back until Thursday morning. On Wednesday he found out he needed to stay through Friday. Then on Thursday he wasn't going to come back until Saturday. On Friday, his departure was moved until Sunday. Then Saturday morning he called and said he was coming back that evening instead of waiting until Sunday. I was pulling my hair out by this time because everything kept changing around and I couldn't make any plans.

Luckily, I have a really great support group of friends and neighbors who checked up on me and fed the girls and me. :) One family had us over for barbecue chicken one evening, and Saturday evening we went to our next door neighbors for a little get-together. We also stayed pretty busy with our friends during the days, although I did enjoy a couple of days of just staying at home with the girls.

Freddie's getting ready to head out again tomorrow morning. Right now he's scheduled to be gone through Friday. Hopefully that won't change because Maddy's birthday is next weekend. She'd be an extremely unhappy little girl if Daddy missed her party.

Speaking of birthdays, my 33rd birthday is tomorrow. I don't feel 33 though. I don't feel "old" or anything, but I still see myself as younger than I am. I guess that's my immaturity showing. :)

2 comments:

Judyn said...

Oh my goodness. Those phone calls would have driven me to drinking (though that really doesn't take much these days!!!)I am sure you were quite happy to have him home when he finally got there!

I hope you enjoyed your birthday. I am 6 months older than you and feel the exact same way that you describe. I couldn't be approaching my mid thirties, could I?

Its good to see your post!

my3texasboys said...

I'm so sorry that I forgot to email you on your birthday. I thought about you all day and intended to do it when I got home then things became hectic when I got home and the thought promptly left my mind.

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I also hope Maddie has a great birthday.