The past couple of weeks have been busy. Aside from the Halloween festivities, our MOMS Club also had a fund raiser this past weekend that I've been helping with. Now that it's over I can hopefully get back on a regular schedule of posting. I'll post Halloween pictures in the next post.
A little about our fund raiser--we had 17 vendors who attended and raised $280 for our club. I know that's not a heck of a lot compared to other fund raisers for other associations, but it's really good for our little club. A couple of people mentioned doing another one in the spring. With a few changes, it could be a possibility and might make even more money.
Everyone is doing well. We're gearing up for a busy week before going on a trip for Thanksgiving. In the past couple of weeks we've purchased a new desk and a new computer. Our old desk was our former kitchen table, and our old computer had started whining when it was turned on so we figured it was time to break into the piggy bank and get something new.
The desk was delivered this past week. It is a four piece set, and unfortunately one of the pieces was broken and had to be taken back. A new piece is scheduled to be delivered this week. It feels really good to have the final piece of furniture we've been waiting for almost in place.
Freddie also celebrated his 33rd birthday this week. We went out to eat at Reed's Jazz and Supper Club. It is definitely a place I want to go again. We didn't really spend any time listening to the live music downstairs. Instead we enjoyed some delicious food upstairs and pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves for the first hour.
Next week we're traveling to Carthage for a couple of days to see my parents, then we're off on vacation until the first week in December. I think we're all ready to have some time to not think about anything for a few days.



1 comment:
Please let me know when you are in so we can catch up. Stacie will also be in.
Post a Comment