Thursday, August 16, 2007

Invasion of the Wii

We have a new toy. We broke down and bought a Wii. Maddy has named it Noa.

We weren't going to get one because we have another game console that we never use and figured it would be a waste of money. But it's funny how you can talk yourself into things, especially things you really don't need but just think are cool.

We only have two games for it so far. One is the sports game that came with it. Man, I wish my real golf game was as good as when I play on the Wii (just call me Tiger Lily). We also bought Super Paper Mario. I have absolutely no idea what the game is about, all I know is that it got good reviews on Gamespot.com. Freddie said the Wii also plays GameCube games so we should be able to use some of the games we have.

We'll see how it goes with the Wii. There's a Disney princess game coming out in a few months that we may get Maddy. Yes, we are going to be one of "those" parents who let our kids play video games at an early age. Whatever, she has to figure out how to use the darn thing first. If she does that I figure she's earned the right to play a game every now and then. But if she ever beats me at golf, then she's banned from the Wii.

Speaking of princesses, Madalynn has really gotten into the Disney princesses. It started on a shopping trip to Toys R Us. We were there to get a birthday gift for one of our playgroup friends when she saw a Sleeping Beauty doll. She asked if she could have it. I had to have her repeat it because I was sure I didn't hear her clearly. I mean, Star Wars is her thing. But she said she wanted it so who was I to stand in her way?

We brought it home where she promptly undressed it (why do 3 year olds feel the need to undress every doll they own?). Then she announced that she wanted two more, Arial and "the blue one", meaning Cinderella. I think I actually felt her forehead to see if she had a fever. Anyway, while Freddie and I were down in San Antonio this past weekend, we bought those two dolls for her. She is absolutely in love with these dolls, and I am in Princess Mommy heaven.

And while Maddy is off playing with her princesses, Emmy is still working on crawling. She's getting soooo close. She has 4 teeth now, and it looks like 2 more are coming in. She is also wearing 12 month clothes...at 7 months. She is a CHUNK. A few weeks ago I bought some summer clothes in larger sizes thinking that she could wear them on our cruise in November. Oh but no, she's wearing them now. The child is looooong, and her thighs, oh my. But I absolutely love it, she's so adorable. Our pediatrician isn't worried about her as long as Emmy doesn't have a drastic change in her growth percentiles. She's still in the 90-95% for height and weight. The pedi also feels that as soon as Emmy starts crawling the thighs will melt away.

So to sum up the week, Freddie and I have become over-indulgent, food-pushing, video game-playing parents to Princess Madalynn Mae and Emmaline "Chunky Doolittle" Clair. Oh, and Freddie took today and tomorrow off from work while I didn't get out of my pj's until after noon today so you could probably add "lazy" to that description as well. :)

But we have a Wii!

3 comments:

my3texasboys said...

Nothing wrong with enjoying yourselves every now and again. We have considered getting a Wii and probably will in the near future. Brian has worn out the PS2. Actually Damon said the particular model we have has some defect where it doesn't read some disks. Lucky us! LOL! So instead of buying a new PS2 we are just going to go for a Wii.

Rebecca said...

We have a Wii too and love it! You can play game cube games on it as long as you have the game cube controller and some extra memory.

Judyn said...

yep...we have one too. Kaytlynn likes to play with her Happy Feet game!