Friday, July 10, 2009

20 Week Doc Appt

Can I just say I love my OB? He's the greatest--always smiling, never lectures, doesn't rush you, and seems to truly care about his patients and his staff.

We had another doctor appointment today, just a regular checkup. We heard the baby's heartbeat again. Really, a very quick appointment until we started talking about vacations. He's getting ready to go to Schlitterbahn in a few weeks, and we just took the girls a few weeks ago so we talked about the parks and the different rides.

He said everything looks good so far and asked me about my back. Back pain has been my main complaint this pregnancy. It's not sciatica--I had that with both girls. This is pain in my hips and lower back. Walking helps unless I walk too much. Then I have to sit and rest for a while, but if I sit for too long then the pain gets worse. It's a neverending cycle. Well, hopefully it will end once the baby is here.

Anyway, so far so good. My next appointment with him will be in August, a couple of weeks after my appointment with the perinatologist. The August appointment will include the glucose screening to check for gestational diabetes so I have to remember to drink the orange syrup drink before I go. But GD has never been an issue before so I'm not expecting it to be this time either.

1 comment:

Judyn said...

I don't know how you feel about a chiropractor, but I went to one with Delaney due to severe lower back pain. It helped tremendously. I also did pregnancy massages, but in my opinion, that "good feeling" only lasted a couple of days vs. the chiropractor...but I went about once a week.