Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Shots

Poor Maddy. She had her four year old well check today and had to get shots. We talked about it before we got there, and she took her hippo ballerina for comfort, but she still fell apart when it was time to actually get the shots. She had been bouncing around the room and talking to the doctor. Then the nurse walked in and Maddy's gears shifted immediately.

Not only did I have to physically force her to lie down, she dang near took off a finger because she was squeezing my hand so hard. She was also yelling, not just crying. At the tops of her lungs she screamed, "Don't do this to me!" over and over again. It was comical and sad at the same time.

Then after it was all over the nurse gave her a little stuffed bunny and some stickers. On the way home Maddy asked why she got the bunny. I told her it was because she was brave when she got the shots. She said, "But I really wasn't that brave, Mom." Cue laughter from me.

And Emmy, the child I was worried about because I wasn't sure how she would react to her sister screaming? She walked around during the entire incident like nothing was going on, just looking at spots on the floor and playing in the diaper bag, like her sister gets held down and screams crazily every day of the week.

We leave tomorrow for our NY trip. Maddy's excited--she loves getting on airplanes. I'm trying to pack now and make sure I bring stuff that will entertain both of them for the trip. I'll post pictures when we get back!

2 comments:

my3texasboys said...

Sounda like she was pretty brave to me. Hope you have a good time in NY.

Judyn said...

Have a fun safe time in New York. I have never been, but would like to go one day!